The first intiaitive of the ALCRN is the launch of the Hybrid Threat Centre.
Hybrid threats are state and non-state actors that are challenging countries and institutions they see as a threat, opponent or competitor to their interests and goals with a focus on disputing industry and society. This is the first national Hybrid Threat Centre in Australia.
The Australian – Lithuanian Hybrid Threat Centre will:
- Undertake joint research looking at hybrid threat impacts upon Australia and Lithuania;
- Assess the society and organisational impact of hybrid threats;
- Explore the impact of hybrid threats upon countries critical infrastructure including democratic institutions;
- Develop a joint seminar series exploring the issues;
- Write thought leadership items regarding the impact of hybrid threats.