Bambang earned his BSc in Engineering (Civil) from Colorado School of Mines in the USA, a Master degree in Civil Engineering (Construction Management) from the University of Indonesia, and a PhD in Engineering Project Management from the University of Melbourne, Australia.
He started his professional career as a Graduate Project Engineer at Hudbay Oil Malacca Strait Ltd., a Production Sharing Contractor for the Indonesian State Own Oil Company, in 1988. He was involved in oil field development projects which included the construction of access road and well site facilities, base camp, process plant, pipeline and offshore structures. He also coordinated two studies on road construction on peat ground.
Bambang started his full-time tenure at the University of Indonesia in 2001, following the completion of his PhD. In 2002 he was appointed as the Deputy Head of Civil Engineering Department and was promoted to the Head Department position in November 2004. From 2007 to 2013, he took a position as Associate Professor and the Course Leaders for Master of Project Management and Master of Infrastructure Management in the School of Civil Engineering and Built Environment, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia. In August 2013, he moved to Saudi Arabia, joining King Fahd University of Petroleum and Mineral as Associate Professor in Construction Engineering and Management.
Since July 2018, Bambang started his position at RMIT University.
- Teaches postgraduate students in project management program.
- Serves as Higher Degree Research Delegate Authority (HDR DA) for the School of Property, Construction and Project Management
- PhD in Engineering (Project Management) - The University of Melbourne, Australia
- MEng in Civil Engineering (Construction Management) - University of Indonesia
- BSc in Engineering (Civil) - Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado, USA
- Oil and gas industry (in Indonesia), as a project engineer and senior project engineer
- Secretary to the Advisory Board of the Indonesian National Construction Service Development Board (2002-2007)
- Member of Infrastructure Cluster Advisory Board, Australia-Indonesia Centre (2016-2018)
- Moohialdin, A.,Lamari, F.,Miska, M.,Trigunarsyah, B. (2020). Construction worker productivity in hot and humid weather conditions: A review of measurement methods at task, crew and project levels In: Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 27, 83 - 108
- Suryo, E.,Zaika, Y.,Gallage, C.,Trigunarsyah, B. (2020). A NON-DESTRUCTIVE METHOD FOR INVESTIGATING SOIL LAYERS OF AN INDIVIDUAL VULNERABLE SLOPE In: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOMATE, 18, 1 - 8
- Gharehbaghi, K.,Trigunarsyah, B.,Balli, A. (2020). Sustainable Urban Development: Strategies To Support The Melbourne 2017 - 2050 In: International urnal of Strategic Engineering (IJoSE), 3, 59 - 72
- Moohialdin, A.,Lamari, F.,Miska, M.,Trigunarsyah, B. (2020). Factors affecting the intrusiveness and selection of real-site data collection methods in hot and humid climates: critical review In: Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, , 1 - 37
- Rarasati, A.,Trigunarsyah, B.,Too, E.,Lamari, F.,Bahwal, F. (2019). Islamic financing for infrastructure projects and its implementation barriers In: Proceedings of the 2nd Conference for Civil Engineering Research Networks (ConCERN-2 2018) Volume 270, Bandung, Indonesia, 27-29 November 2018
- Negara, K.,Lamari, F.,Susilawati, C.,Trigunarsyah, B. (2019). Identifying client project manager competency in Indonesian construction project In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Civil and Environmental Engineering (ICAnCEE 2018), Bali, Indonesia, 24-25 October 2018
- Trigunarsyah, B.,Santoso, T.,Hassanain, M.,Tuffaha, F. (2019). Enabling Factors for Adopting Industrial Building System into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia In: CIB World Building Congress 2019 - Constructing Smart Cities, Hong Kong SAR, China, 17-21 June 2019
- Rarasati, A.,Trigunarsyah, B.,Lamari, F.,Too, E. (2019). Islamic financing for Indonesia infrastructure project: mini hydropower plant case studies In: Infrastructure Asset Management, 6, 195 - 205
- Trigunarsyah, B.,Santoso, T.,Hassanain, M.,Tuffaha, F. (2019). Adopting the industrialised building system in Saudi Arabia: barriers and enablers In: Infrastructure Asset Management, 6, 185 - 194
- Negara, K.,Lamari, F.,Trigunarsyah, B. (2019). Exploring public client project manager competencies in Indonesia In: Malaysian Construction Research Journal, 28, 39 - 49
3 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions