Zahir's research focuses on security aspects, and more specifically on intrusion detection in critical systems, as well as on the performance/scalability of large-scale systems (i.e., Cloud/IoT/Edge).
He is also the Research Director of the RMIT Centre of Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CCSRI), aiming to bring together RMIT security experts across various disciplines to tackle the even complex security challenges Australia will be facing in the next decades.
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Grenoble, France.
- Masters in Operational Research, University of Grenoble, France.
- Bachelor (Honours) in Operational Research, Universty of Algiers (USTHB), Algeria.
- Khaled, A.,Ouchani, S.,Tari, Z.,Drira, K. (2021). Assessing the severity of smart attacks in industrial cyber-physical systems In: ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems, 5, 1 - 28
- HoseinyFarahabady, M.,Taheri, J.,Zomaya, A.,Tari, Z.,Bao, W. (2021). (In Press) Enhancing disk input output performance in consolidated virtualized cloud platforms using a randomized approximation scheme In: Concurrency Computation, , 1 - 12
- Abdella, J.,Tari, Z.,Anwar, A.,Mahmood, A.,Han, F. (2021). An Architecture and Performance Evaluation of Blockchain-based Peer-to-Peer Energy Trading In: IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, , 1 - 15
- ALMALAWI, A.,Tari, Z.,Al-Harthi, A.,Yi, X. (2021). SCADA Security: Machine Learning Concepts for Intrusion Detection and Prevention: SCADA-Based IDs Security, John Wiley & Sons, United States
- Alharbi, A.,Dong, H.,Yi, X.,Tari, Z.,Khalil, I. (2021). Social Media Identity Deception Detection: A Survey In: ACM Computing Surveys, 54, 1 - 45
- HoseinyFarahabady, M.,Taheri, J.,Zomaya, A.,Tari, Z. (2020). A Dynamic Resource Controller for Resolving Quality of Service Issues in Modern Streaming Processing Engines In: IEEE 19th International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications, NCA 2020, Cambridge, MA, USA, 24-27 November 2020
- HoseinyFarahabady, M.,Taheri, J.,Zomaya, A.,Tari, Z. (2020). Auto-tuning of large-scale iterative operations on modern streaming platforms In: CoNEXT 2020 - Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies, Barcelona, Spain , 1-4 December 2020
- HoseinyFarahabady, M.,Taheri, J.,Zomaya, A.,Tari, Z. (2020). Spark-Tuner: An elastic auto-tuner for apache spark streaming In: Proceedings of the IEEE 13th International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD 2020), Beijing; China, 18-24 October 2020
- Almalawi, A.,Fahad, A.,Tari, Z.,Khan, A., et al, . (2020). Add-On Anomaly Threshold Technique for Improving Unsupervised Intrusion Detection on SCADA Data In: Electronics, 9, 1 - 20
- Dau, S.,Gabrys, R.,Huang, Y.,Feng, C.,Luu, Q.,Alzahrani, E.,Tari, Z. (2020). Optimizing the Transition Waste in Coded Elastic Computing In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT 2020), Online, 21-26 June 2020
- Resource Allocation for High-Volume Streaming Data in Data Centers. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2020 from (2020 to 2023)
- Energy Informatics and Demand Response Technologies (Administered by The University of Sydney). Funded by: Australia China Science and Research Fund Grant from (2020 to 2022)
- Cloud Resource Allocation under Bursty Conditions for Heavy-Tailed Job (Administered by University of Sydney). Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2020)
- Contention-aware scheduling in cloud data centres. Administered by The University of Sydney.. Funded by: ARC Linkage Projects via Other University 2015 from (2015 to 2019)
- Energy-Efficient Computing: Expanding the Role of Scheduling in Cloud Data Centres - Administered by the University of Sydney. Funded by: ARC Linkage Projects via Other University Grant 2014 from (2015 to 2018)
27 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions