City Regions as Innovators of Europe
Symposium | 11 October 2018 | 9-18.30 | Media-TIC Building | Barcelona
Social, scientific and cultural change flows from cities to benefit regions and nations. City regions will continue to shape our future as mass urbanisation continues and technological innovation rates accelerate. Are we prepared to manage the challenges?
RMIT Europe, Baden-Wūrttemberg International (BW-I), the Enterprise Europe Network and the Four Motors for Europe are pleased to host the City Regions as Innovators of Europe symposium on 11 October 2018 in Barcelona.
The one-day symposium will bring together industry, research, government and community representatives interested in working together on European innovation in City Regions.
The day will cover policy, regional development and sectoral innovation in the Four Motors for Europe: Catalonia, Lombardy, Auvergne-Rhônes-Alpes and Baden-Württemberg.
Why should you attend?
The Four Motors for Europe (Lombardy, Auvergne-Rhônes-Alpes, Catalonia and Baden-Württemberg) have been successful in driving innovation in existing and new sectors with factors such as geography, demographics, urbanisation, infrastructure, history and industrial policy being favourable.
Every European region has complex and varied scenarios in which innovation needs to be nurtured. Drawing on practical positive and negative, effective and ineffective experiences, a more balanced and glocalised approach can be found.
The key takeaways from this symposium will be to:
- Strengthen existing relationships between the Four Motors for Europe
- Develop and test 'mini-research proposal' ideas in workshops
- Build embryonic consortia to address Horizon 2020 research and innovation funding scheme calls
- Highlight policies and regulation needed to provide inclusive innovation
Who is hosting the symposium?
- RMIT Europe is the European hub of RMIT University, one of Australia's largest tertiary institutions
- BW-I is a competence centre for the internationalisation of business, science and research
- The Enterprise Europe Network helps businesses innovate and grow on an international scale
- 'Four Motors for Europe' is a long-lasting cooperation between the Regions of Baden-Württemberg (Germany), Catalonia (Spain), Lombardia (Italy) and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes (France)
For more information on the event's hosts, click here
Symposium partners include ACCIO, La Région Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Lombardia Regione, Barcelona Activa, Climate-KIC, Cisco, ICLEI, ICTA, KIT, SEZ, Siemens, TU Delft, UCL, University of Freiburg and Stuttgart University.
How can you register to attend?
Register here to attend the symposium. Please note that the symposium’s operational language will be English with questions in English or Spanish.